This page will serve as an overview of all the available Diplomatic Actions in the game. For more information on the specifics of each NPC's Diplomatic Actions, consult the Computer Players page.
Licenses may be spent by means of:
- Exchanging them for Items with NPCs, such as Crop Fertility,
Resource Probes and Ark/Island upgrades.
- Researching advanced Technologies at the Academy.
- Activating World Council Actions; powerful Ark abilities
accessed via the Politics tab in Continuous Games.
Licenses may be acquired through:
- A quest reward from an NPC.
- Purchasing them for Credits from NPCs via the License Trading Diplomatic Action.
- Trading Items back to NPCs, but only to offset the costs of buying other Items in exchange.
- Basic Research at the Academy.
- Certain World Council Actions. [needs verification]
Note: Licenses may only be traded and acquired while Online. [needs verification]
Licenses may be purchased from Rufus Thorne, Yana Rodriguez or Salman Devi and some other NPCs in select missions. To make use of this feature, 60 Influence (3 Stars) must be accumulated with the desired faction.
Unlike in Anno 1404, Licenses (equivalent to Honour) cannot be sold for Credits except through "License Sales", a specific World Council Action belonging to F.A.T.H.E.R.
Influence may be either gained or lost by:
- A quest reward or malus from an NPC.
- Performing certain actions, specific to a mission, for which they were scripted.
- Trading a large quantity of Goods with NPCs (+5/10 increase). [needs verification; quantity/amount]
- Colonizing an already inhabited Island (-10 decrease).
Certain Diplomatic Actions may only be initiated once the necessary Influence has been earned with an NPC faction:
- 1 Star Diplomatic Actions (0-29 Influence)
- 2 Star Diplomatic Actions (30-59 Influence)
- 3 Star Diplomatic Actions (60+ Influence)
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help the Anno 2070 Wiki by filling it in.
While at Peace
|Declare War||When negotiations have failed.|
|10 Default NPCs Lobbying||Allows you to purchase 1, 5 or 30 Influence points. The price goes up as the game progresses.|
While at War
|Offer Credits in exchange for Peace. The more Credits offered, the greater the chance of the offer being accepted.|
In Select Missions
Cleanup (issue: some NPCs offer additional options in select missions, if those could somehow be noted.)
To meet Anno 2070 Wiki's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
While the above table applies to Continuous Games and the majority of missions, some notable exceptions can be made in this regard:
- Dr. Salman Devi offers loans in [needs verification; missions not noted].
- Vadim Sokow offers Trading route writ of protection in [needs verification; missions not noted].
Ultimatums are conditions presented by another individual to reach an agreement. There are three types of Ultimatums: One is the threat of Rebellion from your own population. The second is a threat involving War from another individual, rival faction or NPC. The final type of Ultimatum is Terms of Peace with an individual or NPC you are at War with. If you do not fulfill the stated requirements within the allotted time limit, the other party will carry out the implied threat.
Note: Post January 12th update, it's no longer possible for human players to send an Ultimatum to another player, apart from via chat.
Rebellion, Public Disobedience, or Strike as it may also be named, occurs when the population's needs are not met, if the Ultimatum's condition is not fulfilled. Rebellion causes all Public and Production buildings (not inside the area of a Monument) to riot and renders them Inactive for the duration of the protest (as described on the Uprise page). This may cause your population to leave the City and your Economy to stagnate. This condition can be mitigated by researching 'Anti-escalation equipment' at the Academy, an Item which ends all Uprisings on an Island; and may also be purchased rarely from NPCs.
Ultimatums resulting from population issues may consist of construction orders for buildings you do not currently own, but for which the population allowance has been exceeded. In order to fulfill the conditions of the Ultimatum and prevent this situation from occurring, the building constructed must be maintained for a specified period of time. ie; your Eco population may ask you to build a Congress Center and maintain it for 5 minutes, or they will stage an Uprising.
War and Peace
- "There are two options: Either accept my demands and guarantee Peace... Or you lose everything."
- —Vadim Sokow; when presenting an Ultimatum
Other individuals may demand that you fufill arbitrary conditions in a timely manner. These demands usually involve paying Credits/Goods or reducing the size of your Military. Several NPCs have more specific demands, ie; Moreau will issue an Ultimatum to improve Ecobalance if it has sufficiently deteriorated. Failure to comply with such a request will result in a declaration of War by the opposing party. Requesting a Peace in any War may result in the other player or NPC asking you to meet requirements in order for Peace to follow. It is possible to bribe some NPCs and prevent them from issuing Ultimatums - and thus declaring War - by increasing Influence with them to 60 points and buying Diplomatic Immunity.