|Construction Cost||800 · 10 · 12 · 20|
|Maintenance Cost|| -6 · -30 · -7 |
|Influence Radius||26 tiles|
|Unlock||750 Tycoon Employees|
The Ministry of Truth satisfies the need for information of Tycoon residents withing a large radius. As residents evolve, more channels may be selected at any Ministry on an island, conferring additional bonuses to the residents within its area of influence. It is the counterpart of the Eco information building, the Education Network.
These are the benefits of each channel, as well as their upkeep costs:
- Global Trust - We look after you: This channel provides the Need for Information and has no additional upkeep costs.
- Job TV: Satisfies the Need for Information, reduces the Population growth period (-50%), increases Tax income (+5%), and costs an additional 8 power and 30 income. Unlocked at 1 Tycoon Employee.
- Success Stories: Satisfies the Need for Information, reduces the Upgrade costs (-50%) and reduces the Population growth period (-25%), and costs an additional 8 power and 45 income. This is perhaps the best channel to use while actively upgrading the housing in your city. Unlocked at 1 Tycoon Engineer.
- Neighborhood Watch: Satisfies the Need for Information and increases the catastrophe protection against Crime (+40%), and costs an additional 8 power and 45 income. Unlocked at 1 Tycoon Executive.
- Immo TV - Your Property: Satisfies the Need for Information and increases the Living space (12%), and costs an additional 8 power and 95 income. Care should be taken with this channel as it will also increase the population's needs by 12%, which may require additional production chains and can invalidate needs calculators which do not take this population boost into account. Unlocked at 600 Tycoon Executives.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Ministry of Truth may be a reference to George Orwell's 1984.