Submarines are submersible vehicles that can explore seaways, discover new trading partners and transport goods from one island to the next.
Submarines can float on the surface, where they act like normal ships. They can also dive down to colonise undersea plateaus. Unlike Ships they can also service underwater trade routes.
Classes of Submarines
There are several classes of submarines, each with their own unique purpose. Just like Ships they are divided into trade ships and warships.
- T38 Ocean Glider (4x 40t holds, 2 slots)
- Global Trust Inc. Trimaran (4x 40t holds, 2 slots)
- Sisyphus (6x 60t holds, 0 slots)
- Deep Sea Hunter -/40/40 (-/7/7 DPS) (Tech only)
- Orca -/-/- (Unlocked upon completing The Nordamark Border Conflict)
- Erebos -/-/- (Part of the Silent Running Package DLC pack)
There are several ways to obtain submarines:
- They can be built at the Techs' Submarine Base;
- They can be bought from Hiro Ebashi;
- Calling in an Auxiliary Fleet from Professor Dr. Salman Devi;
- Hijacking one from an other player;
- Once you have purchased the Tech blueprints at your Ark, you can get a T38 for 5000 Credits, which can be replaced if it is destroyed for the same price (like the Commando Ship).